Wednesday 11 January 2012

Happy New year All. It's 2012 and I know something you don't

So I have been busy. Glad 2011 and the Holidays are over. I have lasting ulcers that will verify my excitement to itsend.


I also returned from Cuba yesterday. That was fun times. Did I get any art done while I was there? Not really. Although some is better than none! Keeping 2012 positive since it started off so interestingly. Lets just say that this trip, no, this first week has been an eye opener and I am feeling alot...Alot of what? relief I think, I have been offered a get out of jail card (not free unfortunately). It is a get out of jail emotionally and mentally undamaged card.
It's nice and sparkly.
I have dedicated myself to physically parting ways with my past and so far it is showing promise. 


Ok enough of this metaphoric mumbo-jumbo!


It's 2012! Omg!
No, I don't care and neither should you. The only thing different about 2012 is that it is Not 2011. And, I think it's a leap year but I'm not sure. ;P
I was doing some reading on the 2012 end of the world, whatever-ness and it is hilarious. People are thinking of the most ridiculous things. Never mind listening to the experts in this Yahoo article here:


"A Regina man who trained as a Mayan timekeeper says the end of the ancient Mayan calendar does not mean the end of the world.
Dec. 21, 2012 marks the end of the 5,125-year-long Mayan Long Count calendar.
...
Leonzo Barreno, who immigrated to Canada from Guatemala in 1989, was trained by Mayan elders to read the ancient calendars.
He says the end of the next year will start a new calendar cycle.
"This has happened before, and according to the elders this is the fifth time it's happened," he said. "



With all this information out there people who don't even know what the Mayan calendar looks like are still convince that the world is going to end. I found this snipet from another article and actually laughed out loud in this article here 


"One fear is that a rogue planet that has been dubbed "Nibiru" or "Planet X" is supposedly aimed at Earth. Self-proclaimed Nibiru expert Nancy Lieder, who says she is in contact with the aliens from Zeta Reticuli, first said Nibiru would cause widespread disaster in May 2003, only to change it to Dec. 21, 2012.
There is, however, no evidence that Nibiru is real."

OBVIOUSLY. That is more legitimate than some one who can READ the calendar.
So Come in to 2012 fearless and brazen like a new born lion cub and make life an adventure! What is the great desire to end the world anyway? Celebrate that the world may not be ending but that we get a bonus: an extra new years celebration.

That is my first year post, the next one I will be flaunting my pictures that I took in Cuba and over the holidays with my new Camera. What kind of Camera you may ask?

It's a surprise!

Never a dull moment
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment